TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Movies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Tomcat84

Re: There will be blood

Unfortunately the Taken in US cinemas is heavily toned down. Lot of cool violence (that sound weird hehe) has been cut.

The original version is muchhhh cooler! I assure you!

Try downloading it somewhere, for example here (not sure if this is a good torrent though, and may lack subtitles :P):

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4534...y_x264-REFiNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A View Post
I dont even try to be smooth anymore... I simply ask if they want to have their brains fucked out by a depraved sex maniac.

Most of the time I get slapped, told to fuck off, ect, but every once in a while I find a very dirty lil girl.

Last edited by Tomcat84; 02-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Tomcat84 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
Crazed_Yak

Send a message via MSN to Crazed_Yak

I watched a DL version TC... Can you describe what was cut? Not sure if I saw the original or the cut.

I seriously like Taken much better than anything else I have seen in a while. Good plot, really good action and really good acting. When he was on the phone with Marco and said
Quote:
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
I got a major boner... that set of lines right there was when I knew the movie was gonna have me watching until the very end.
Crazed_Yak is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
JelQ_SolidSn@ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_Yak View Post
I watched a DL version TC... Can you describe what was cut? Not sure if I saw the original or the cut.

I seriously like Taken much better than anything else I have seen in a while. Good plot, really good action and really good acting. When he was on the phone with Marco and said I got a major boner... that set of lines right there was when I knew the movie was gonna have me watching until the very end.
The only problem i had with the movie were the goofy girls - if the just toned that down a bit then it would be perfect. I enjoyed every other minute.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Greedo LFD

So wait for the Extended DVD cut?

Greedo LFD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 02-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
Tomcat84

Well one of the main things was, basicly, everytime in the uncut version he uses like 3 or 4 bullets to shoot someone, suddenly here in US in theatre it was only one shot.

Or when he is raiding the construction site, in the original version, one of the girls there gets in the way of the bad guy and he shoots her like three times, while trying to shoot the good guy. Also magicly gone.

Near the end when someone goes to check on him, in the original you see him from down the hallway opening the door and getting shot through the head, here in US you only hear a gunshot off screen.

When then questioning the guy in the elevator he shoots him like four times (leg, leg, shoudler and someowhere else), and then finishes him by emptying the clip. In US he only shoots him like twice first time, and then just once more or so.

When interrogating the guy he originally talked to on the phone (Marko from Tropoja) in the original, the guy wakes up from his little nap and the good guy is like "I need you to focus..." Then rams two steel nails into his legs and says: "are you focused yet" Here in the US it just switches from the question to him putting on the power cables.

Also more footage of the guy being electrocuted in the original.

And many many more subtle things. The last fight is also considerably more brutal.

Soooo you must see the original

p.s. i do agree about the girls. Too much overdone "o wait i am really 20 something but im supposed to be 17 lets be overly childish/goofy" goin on.

I would definately hit it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A View Post
I dont even try to be smooth anymore... I simply ask if they want to have their brains fucked out by a depraved sex maniac.

Most of the time I get slapped, told to fuck off, ect, but every once in a while I find a very dirty lil girl.
Tomcat84 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 02-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Crazed_Yak

Send a message via MSN to Crazed_Yak

I definitely saw the uncut one. The 20 year old girls would have been more better naked
Crazed_Yak is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook