TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Exercise and Fitness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Thanked 1,104 Times in 534 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Brian Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian
You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Question Supplement Question

What are you guys using for supplements?

Reason I'm asking is I got back in the gym around Nov. '08 just doing cardio. I now jog/walk about 3 or 4 miles in the afternoon (about 9 min miles), play a good bit of raquetball and do spin classes in the mornings at 5:45 on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I've gotten down to 154 from 179, not bad I don't think, but in ny weight lifting sessions I've not been seeming to get a ton of results from it. I'm getting more lean but I'm looking to get bigger biceps, tri's and shoulder.
What is something I can buy, over the counter, that is good for getting bigger muscles but not fatty?
Plus I can see my top set of abs and ob's, wtf can I do to get the last inch or so off my sides?
Yea, I know diet is 70% of it and I stick to a very lean one, here is a example;

Meal 1...Six egg white and a bowl of plain oatmeal with splenda

Meal 2...Protein shake or two teaspoons of peanut butter and raw veggies

Meal 3...Chicken or fish, veggies, a sweet potato plain

Meal 4...Another shake and a salad

Meal 5...Fish or chicken or deer meat, veggies, salad

***No white bread, rice or pasta. All wheat. No bread or pasta or rice at all after 1 pm. No Sugar.

I eat clean all week but on Sundays is my treat day. For one meal, I eat whatever I want. Pizza, ice cream, whatever. But only for that one meal.
I drink at least a gallon of water a day as well.
I haven't had a coke since Novemeber, well besides the little in crown & coke when I went to Jackson WY for a week snowboarding back in Jan.
I do NOT drink coffee either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobick View Post
I mean, when you are with a woman, doing a bit of heavy pettin' and you put your hands down her pants, and into the panties, I want to know when I hit that border line. That unmistakable sensation of pubic hair through the fingers that lets you know, you are now into a private area, and you wouldn't be there unless she wanted you there. It's like a green light of sorts, when your hand hits hair!
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Sharp

Send a message via AIM to Sharp
Re: Supplement Question

Could adjust your lifting too (Less reps more weight), but obviously thats just a guess since I dont know your current workout.

Props to Jayzen for this awesome logo

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion."

--General Norman Schwartzkopf
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Send a message via AIM to Brian Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian

I did get my body fat % taken tonight; it was 8.4%. I'm guessing that's pretty good for my size.... 5'7, 155lb & 33 years of age.

Quote:
I mean, when you are with a woman, doing a bit of heavy pettin' and you put your hands down her pants, and into the panties, I want to know when I hit that border line. That unmistakable sensation of pubic hair through the fingers that lets you know, you are now into a private area, and you wouldn't be there unless she wanted you there. It's like a green light of sorts, when your hand hits hair!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
FMAN DTF

Send a message via AIM to FMAN DTF Send a message via Yahoo to FMAN DTF

do supersets (bench to incline etc)

i'm gonna try to do 200 pushups 40 pullups and 400 situps 2x a day (morning then at night) on top of running and biking

lean muscle = low sets high reps
big muscle = high sets low reps

doing a combo is good too i guess

FMAN DTF is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Sharp

Send a message via AIM to Sharp

For me, the way I got "bigger" was loading up the bar on bench etc and taking long enough time in between sets. I like separating my cardio and my weight lifting. I've been told plenty that doing 5 sets of 5 reps on bench is for bigger muscles and doing pyramid 8,6,4,2,1, is for strength. Both work well I think

Props to Jayzen for this awesome logo

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion."

--General Norman Schwartzkopf
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
PaintballerZell

Send a message via AIM to PaintballerZell Send a message via MSN to PaintballerZell

Brian,

To BUILD muscles that are big, you need calories, carbohydrates, protein, and plenty of them.

Now, I'm going to assume your overall goal is weight loss, and overall health. I highly recommend sticking to that if you have health problems.

However, if you want to get bigger, you should eat more higher quality calories, and yes carbohydrates, but they should be from quality soruces. Example: Yeah 4 pieces of toast (100% whole wheat) in the morning in addition to your oatmeal. I know everyone says don't eat carbs after a certain time because your body stores them as fat.. blah blah blah.. Well guess what, there's a reason for that. Your body NEEDs them. Carbohydrate (complex carbs, not simple carbs such as sugar) are digested and converted into energy need to accomplish tasks. If you give your musles plenty of calories and carbs, not only will you use them for workouts, but you'll also use them for muscle repair. If you read around, you'll see that post workout meals should be around a 4 carb to 1 protien ratio. (Fruit is awesome for this.)

The only side effect from the increase may or may not be body fat. Offsetting weight days with cardio days (about 3 days per week cardio, 3 days heavy weights, 1 day or two of rest) should get you results. However, if you're having health problems, I'd stick to what you're doing now. I made a huge mistake when I was lifting heavy, I was taking in about 6000 calories a day, I wasn't getting fatter, but overall bigger. it was awesome, then I ceased to work out for awhile. Basically, i started getting fat again because i was used to eating whatever whenever, and I was constantly hungry.

Now my basic routine is a blend of cardio and medium weights. 30 minutes cardio/30 minutes medium weights, then on days when i have time, 60 min cardio, 30 minutes weights. My goal is loosing weight, and that's what i'm doing, its not all of a sudden, but that's good. Sudden weight loss is usually water weight, and not really healthy.
Loosing around 1-2lbs per week is a safe and healthy normal.

Your diet seems awesome, keep to it. unfortunately men store fat in the areas we don't want it the most, (stomach, sides) and the only thing to get it down is simply DIET with cardio. The only thing you can do is keep on doing it to get rid of those problem areas. Loosing weight is great at first because your body fat will be used so fast, but after awhile your body want to constantly keep a fat store (yes, you need fat to survive, and your body knows this.) So, it becomes increasingly difficult over time. Just stick to it and you'll be okay.

Supplements you can take:
100% Whey Protien (Not muscles milk, just plain old whey, low cal, low carb, good absorbtion rate, not as good before bedtime)

Amino 1000's (Prevents your body from breaking down muslces for aminos)

L Glutamine - The amino involved with growth of muscle.

Those are pretty natural supplements, and work pretty good. I take all the above and creatine (i don't want to debate on the creatine, but basically, you gain water weight in your muscle, keeps you pumped longer and your muscles hydrated, helping them store energy, but aside from this there's no long term benefits.)

However, supplements are no replacement for REAL food. Your body absorbs food much better than pills or shakes. So, keep everything natural.

By the way: Drink more milk. Its about 80% whey protien (fast digestion good for post work out) and 20% caesin (slow digestion good for sleeping periods when you're not active) The extra fat and calories aren't really a factor. I've read several articles that are showing milk isn't making people fat, and the difference between Non-fat and Skim vs 2% isn't really that much.

The important thing is you find something and stick to it. Everything will come in time. I know its annoying, but put the scale away for 2 weeks, don't wear those pants for awhile and next time you do, you'll see results.

PaintballerZell is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
B A

is there a supplement that will help me gain weight on my cock?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A View Post
is there a supplement that will help me gain weight on my cock?

Yep, it's called a brick tied to the end of a string.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian For This Useful Post:
Nix (03-08-2009)