TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Gun Owners Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
TREX

You can not vote!
You can not vote!

AR15 deal

Alright BA so the guy wanted 900.00 for the BM AR15. I ended up trading him an old riding lawnmower I got for free and some cash for it. The actual cost to me is about $500. The gun came with 7 mags, 500 rounds a carrying case, a cleaning kit and a speed loader. It also came with a Barska detachable Red dot sight. I have someone who is interested in buying it but I might hold onto it just to familiarize myself with the Ar15. This is a gun I want to know.
The gun has only had a few hundred rounds through it. He never even opened the manual. It's all there. I know you cautioned me not to buy this gun but I had to consider the price and what it came with and what i could sell it for later. I should come out nicely on this deal.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
B A

Re: AR15 deal

I think you misunderstood me bud,

I cautioned from the standpoint that to my eyes, the gun is unreliable, because the company's qc is unreliable.

That doesn't mean you didn't get a good weapon, without having it at hand, its hard to say.

All that being taken into account, the real question is, what are you going to use it for, and will you be able to get what you have in it, out of it.

At what you invested in it, id say yes. (but put that shit site on eBay, or better yet the garbage... get an aimpoint or eotech, that baraska wont hold zero for shit).

And if you're not using it for duty, or home defense... well I guess it doesn't matter if the damn thing doesn't feed right sometimes, or has other PITA issues from time to time.

in the end, you made a good deal if only real world value is considered. What I would do is sell the thing on gunbroker, keep the ammo, take the proceeds and invest in a BCM, they are damn good value for the money, I would even go so far as to say they are the best value for the money.

Dont confuse that with best period however.... Thats KAC.
TREX (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
TREX

Hmm.. yea the rating on that site is it's crap. The aimpoint sights are about as much as I paid for the gun total so i will have to think long and hard about that. My Idea is to play with it learn the mechanics of the gun and then sale it for a profit. Hopefully. Wouldn't hurt to throw it in the safe either. One never knows.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
TREX

Upon further review of this gun, I have decided to keep it for myself =]. After putting over 500 rounds through it I have fallen in love with it and will not consider selling it. I took all 3 of my rifles out which consists of 2 ak's and the ar15. I only shot the ak's after I ran out of 223. The difference in the guns is night and day.
I have read all the comparisons between the 2 rifles but there is nothing like a hands on experiment to convince yourself.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
B A

the ak is a great weapon system, but the AR15/m16 system is worlds ahead of it.