TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Exercise and Fitness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
Evan

You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Creatine

SOG this is pretty much directed to you:

I have currently been taking cellmass for about 3 weeks. Not sure yet if I have really seen any improvements, but I am going to continue to take it for about another month or two.

Anyway, the stuff is pretty pricey. Its about $35 for 40 servings. Thats about 20 days worth. Cellmass has 3g of creatine ethyl ester per serving. On that trueprotein.com site you have in your signature, I can buy pure creatine ethyl ester for $5/100g. Quickly doing some math, if I use the same serving size as cellmass (3g), that is 233 servings for only $35. That is roughly an 650% better value.

Here is my question: would it be wiser to order pure creatine ethyl ester from that site and save a ton of money? Will taking 6 grams of the pure stuff a day have roughly the same effect as taking two servings of cellmass per day? I would REALLY love to save the money if the results are pretty much the same.

Link to creatine ethyl ester:
http://www.trueprotein.com/store/com...idProduct=2369
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
SonOfGonad

Send a message via AIM to SonOfGonad
Re: Creatine

The active ingredient in CellMass is Creatine Ethyl Ester, meaning if you are experiencing any strength increases or volume increases (mostly due to water) then this is the substance that is making this happen.

With that said, companies regularly concoct supplements with sugar or other "wonder supplements" and brand them as the next best thing, thus increase the markup on the supplement, increasing their profit margins. This is what CellMass is doing, no doubt.

I highly recommend you buy your CEE from trueprotein.com. Buying it in bulk will save you a tremendous amount of money as you have already seen. Plus, if you aren't getting any results, you can up the serving size even more (from 3-6 grams per day to 5-10 grams per day) and see if you are experiencing any results.

If you are concerned about the post-workout claim of CellMass, drink 8-10 oz. of grape juice right after you finish your workout, or buy dextrose in bulk--you can get 10 pounds of it for 15-20 bucks if you froogle around. This will probably last you a year or so.

I would buy 100-200 grams initially from TrueProtein.com, increase the serving sizes to 2 5g servings a day, with one post-workout with your sugar drink (grape juice, gatorade, or mixed dextrose). If you see any improvement in strength beyond what you normally experience, keep it in your supplement rotation; if not, chuck it. Some people are creatine non-responders--you could be too if you aren't responding after the initial serving size increase.

All said and done, make sure your diet is up to par before really getting into buying lots of supplements, meaning high protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats.

Best of luck,
Dave

Shop TrueProtein.com for high quality protein supplementation at rock bottom prices!

Use my discount code DDD225 to get 5% off of your order!
SonOfGonad is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to SonOfGonad For This Useful Post:
Evan (08-19-2006)
Old 08-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
Evan

Before I go ahead and order, do products from trueprotein.com come with a method of measurement (a scoop). If not, whats a good method to measure out a serving of this stuff. I do not have an electric scale at my hands.

EDIT: I see that they sell scoops seperately; one for protein, and another for other supplements. I am assuming that I would get a scoop for "Supplement Type Powders". Is this correct? Should I get a 1 gram or 5 gram scoop?

Although I am a little confused on how a general scoop would work for all supplements. I'd imagine they have a different mass. Anyway, i'm assuming its all relatively similar.

Last edited by Evan; 08-19-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
SonOfGonad

Send a message via AIM to SonOfGonad

Standard measuring spoons is best for the supplements like creatine, and scoops are best for protein powders.

If you do a google search for creatine mass amounts per teaspoon or some similar measurement, you should be able to find out how much you should be taking.

Best,
Dave

Shop TrueProtein.com for high quality protein supplementation at rock bottom prices!

Use my discount code DDD225 to get 5% off of your order!
SonOfGonad is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Dobick

Not that this has anything to do with the workout or anything like that, but if you buy powdered gatorade, you will get a scoop, and it is the exact same scoop that they put in tang and other drink mixes, so I would image that if you need one of those scoops that you can get the same one for the protein powders, if you just buy a gatorade powder drink mix.

My Photo Gallery
Dobick is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
FMAN DTF

Send a message via AIM to FMAN DTF Send a message via Yahoo to FMAN DTF

or, if you think the protein you bought doesnt have a scoop, it probably just settled to the bottom, put the cap back on and shake it up to the top...

FMAN DTF is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMAN DTF View Post
or, if you think the protein you bought doesnt have a scoop, it probably just settled to the bottom, put the cap back on and shake it up to the top...
Good call. The last few containers of protein I have bought I have found myself digging through the powder for the scoop. Never thought of shaking it up hahaha.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #8
FMAN DTF

Send a message via AIM to FMAN DTF Send a message via Yahoo to FMAN DTF

yeah, i'm a college graduate

FMAN DTF is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook