TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Gun Owners Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
TREX

Re: Picking up new ak on monday

Other hands goes in front of your right hand under the barrel. That is until I get the rail and foregrip mounted on it, then you can use the front foregrip.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
TREX

Just picked up another AK for 150.00 with a busted stock. Friend of mine needed some cash quick so I helped him out. It's actually a Chinese MAK 90 model. The new stock and tube cover kit was 60.00 so 210.00 for a used ak was a good deal in my eyes. =] Gave it to the wife.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
B A

actually you made out like a bandit, the chinese mak 90's are some of the best stamped ak's made.

grats bud.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
TREX

Thx BA.. I thought it was a good deal then I looked it up and saw what he really had. I grabbed the cash and hauled ass back to pick it up =].

I am looking at a bushmaster ar15 model xm15-e2s with 7 mags and a detachable red dot scope for 900.00. Case cleaning kit and extra parts come with it also. It has had about 500 rounds through it and looks brand new. I might make a down payment on it later this week =]
Old 03-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
B A

I really wouldn't mess with a bushmaster AR unless youre extremely well versed in how to set up and repair an AR type weapon. They are not even close to keeping with the TDP (government requirements for m16s) and their QC is shoddy at best.

If you want an AR I wouldn't get anything but a colt, LMT, BCM, or KAC. Incidentally BCM is a hugely good deal.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
TREX

K thx for the info. What do you think of the Steyr AUG. I have a couple guns to sell and I want a good accurate rifle that will last me.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
B A

I have several "fun" guns that are nothing more than range toys/money sinks for me, all my serious rifles are either AR pattern or AK pattern, minus a few precision rifles of course.

The AUG is an interesting rifle, it was way ahead of its time, and overall a solid weapon. That said, I dont like bullpups, never got over the idea of having an explosion a few mm from my face.

Depending on what your budget is, Id just get a good AR type rifle. Oh and I forgot to metion, daniel defense and larue both make good rifles as well, but larue is a bit on the pricey side. Most of my guns are KAC now, they are the best in the business IMO. Accurate, dependable, well made, and the company will be there for you if (yah right...) you have issues.

I emailed Reed Knight a few months ago, wanting something not offered in their catalouge, basicly one of their 20 inch precision SR25's, but in 5.56 instead of 7.62 (nato, not russian), he emailed me back and said they hadnt made such a beast in some time, but give him a few days to check his personal stock and he would get back to me. Two days later he emailed me for details on how I wanted it set up.

I will never buy another AR15 made by any other company. Period.
SworD (03-12-2011), TREX (03-10-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
TREX

The MAK 90 with the cracked stock and then with the new stock and gas tube cover

Old 03-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
TREX

The ak 47 BUllpup with the extended But pad and Foregrip added. I intend to paint the HW just haven't gotten that far yet.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
B A

You mother fucker.... you didnt say it was a milled receiver..

Ill triple your money, right now.