TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Gun Owners Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
McGruff

Send a message via AIM to McGruff
You can not vote!
You can not vote!

kaltec pf9

Just went and picked one up for conceled carry. I finally decided to go for a more comfortable gun to carry than the glock 23 I have been carrying for the last 2 years. I really like it, but it is not a comfortable gun to shoot more than 50 rounds at the range at one time. What do yall think of the pf9?
Nutop,Nov 5 2004, 04:03 PM
ps: fuck james

SoD Beni,Nov 21 2004, 02:45 AM
Shut up, James, you're dumb as hell.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
B A

Re: kaltec pf9

I think that overall keltec makes some good stuff. Im not a huge fan of the trigger stroke though, the take up on them is soooooo long.

That said, they are well built, accurate for such small guns, and there is pretty good aftermarket support for accessories and sites.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
McGruff

Send a message via AIM to McGruff
Re: kaltec pf9

I have a couple hundred rounds through it now, and I have to say that I like it. I was practicing transferring between 5 targets today, and it is pretty accurate for such a small gun. I will say that it starts to hurt my hand when I get up to the 100 round area.

After carrying it for a couple days now, I am very happy with my change in primary carry. I am a shorter guy at only 5-8 so my glock 23 was uncomfortable when I would sit down while carrying it inside the waist, and inside the waist was pretty much my only choice for carrying it here in Florida. Sitting is now more comfortable, and I love the fact that I can also choose to use a front or rear pocket holster now depending on what I am wearing. I can also carry on my hip now from time to time as well. I know I am giving up the great .40 for a 9mm and I have 6 rounds less in my magazine, but I am much more comfortable now and I dont have to worry as much about people knowing that I am carrying.

On a side note, I took my son with me today to shoot his new gun. He is 6 and is now the proud owner of a cricket .22 lr. I was incredibly proud of him when he unwrapped it on Christmas day. The first thing he did (without being prompted) was slid back the bolt action and check the chamber to make sure it was emptied. I was a very proud daddy.
Nutop,Nov 5 2004, 04:03 PM
ps: fuck james

SoD Beni,Nov 21 2004, 02:45 AM
Shut up, James, you're dumb as hell.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McGruff For This Useful Post:
B A (09-03-2012), JOEBOOWORK (01-03-2012)