TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Public Debate > Political Beliefs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
SkywayTA

Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,054 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

- Rocky Balboa

Last edited by SkywayTA; 04-26-2012 at 06:16 PM.
SkywayTA is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 12-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #12
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet
Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

Well I am glad that you are doing that good. I know a lot of people who let it get them down. Keep us updated, and let us know if you get that job.

http://www.eyebleach.us
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to jetnet For This Useful Post:
SkywayTA (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
SkywayTA

Thumbs up Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

Will do, jetpants. You'll be the first one to know, sir.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
|2[]

No one ever wants to cut corporate welfare (military spending) or entitlement programs (social security & medicare). That's 60-70% of your taxes right there. The latest agreement between Obama and the Republican congress is insane. Extend tax cuts and extend unemployment benefits. So who pays for it? No one. Just keep adding to the debt.

I have no problem with unemployment benefits if they're paid for. I have no problem with cutting taxes if spending is reduced. But the opposite keeps happening every time.

Good thing we have those brilliant Republicans in charge of congress now to watch federal budget. Lately, they've been complaining about taxes going to the National Science Foundation or NPR, which is paid for by probably less than 0.1% of all federal taxes.

Still no word on reducing social security, medicare, or military spending.

The truth is that stuff will never get reduced. You'll need a permanent source of income for the federal government to pay for all this spending in a country of 300 million people. That's what the braindead Ron Paul libertarians will never understand.

Good luck with everything Sky
|2[] is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to |2[] For This Useful Post:
SkywayTA (12-15-2010)
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #15
UnderDogg

I am all for cutting SSI. Parts of it anyways. The government just gives our hard earned tax money away. I know people that are getting Social Security disability checks for their kid just because she has a speech problem. WTF I also knew someone that get hurt, fell off a roof, broke his back and ankle. He was on Disability. He could walk and everything. ( I am not saying he never had pain) but he may not have been able to do what he did when he got hurt, but he could have done something else instead of the government giving him disability.

Too many people are milking the system. With all this unemployment, the states have to come up with money for it also and they are going broke. It's ashame people lost their jobs.. But we should not have to pay for your unemployment benefits for over 3 years. That's just ridicules. It makes people more dependent on the the government, which is what the democrats want.

I am all for getting rid of the IRS and having a flat tax. I don't care if you make a dollar or 1 million dollars, you take a flat percentage from it. That way everyone is paying.

Another way the government can save money is to stop all these welfare programs. Make people work. I know people that get $5000 back per kid every year from the goverment and they are middle class people. Just because you are married and have kids does not mean you should get tax breaks and money back for your brats. That's just more waste from the government.

Medicare can be cut also. make the elderly get on heath plans just like the average american is.

Military can't be cut. That is an actual job of the government stated in the constitution.

Section 4 - Republican government

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence." http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Preamble

Sorry for my rant. It just frustrates me that our government is out of control. Both the republicans and the democrats and I see no chance in sight.

Last edited by UnderDogg; 12-16-2010 at 07:13 PM.
UnderDogg is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
SkywayTA

Arrow Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

Last edited by SkywayTA; 04-26-2012 at 06:16 PM.
SkywayTA is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
PaintballerZell

Send a message via AIM to PaintballerZell Send a message via MSN to PaintballerZell

Taxes = funding.
Lowering taxes isn't going to do anything except make a situation worse.

Everyone's pretty much hitting on the head, cut the deadweight programs this country has, and stupid government funded organizations that don't need to be involved in anything. Not much, but it's a start.

And hell yeah on the supplies the government is charged for. I just ordered new claw hammers @ $60 a piece... >_>

PaintballerZell is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Sharp

Send a message via AIM to Sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballerZell View Post
Taxes = funding.
Lowering taxes isn't going to do anything except make a situation worse.

Everyone's pretty much hitting on the head, cut the deadweight programs this country has, and stupid government funded organizations that don't need to be involved in anything. Not much, but it's a start.

And hell yeah on the supplies the government is charged for. I just ordered new claw hammers @ $60 a piece... >_>
That's not entirely true. Lowering taxes does two things
It gives everyone more money to spend and thus grows the economy, and
It has an effect on tax avoidance tactics. If taxes are lower, people are less likely to seek out ways to hide their money, etc (In theory).

When you lower taxes and the economy grows, the govt ends up taking in just as much money. 30% of $100 is the same as 25% of 120

Props to Jayzen for this awesome logo

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion."

--General Norman Schwartzkopf
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
JOEBOOWORK

Thanked 3,380 Times in 1,505 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via MSN to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via Yahoo to JOEBOOWORK

Tax increases/decreases are a moot point at this juncture, our government is spending money that doesn't EXIST. It is phantom currency that burdens the legitimate currency that is in circulation, thus dragging the cumulative value of all of our assets down.

It's the biggest game of 3 card Monty the world has ever seen.