TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Public Debate > Political Beliefs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
JOEBOOWORK

Thanked 3,380 Times in 1,505 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via MSN to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via Yahoo to JOEBOOWORK
You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

Ok, so there was no way Obama was gonna plaster the American public with the "Highest Tax" increase in US history right after Christmas while still advocating for yet ANOTHER unemployment insurance extension to ease pains for the unemployed over the holidays.

But 13 Months?! So we're gonna hear the same moan again this time next year? Mind you the 2 million that would have lost their current coverage would have just been the FIRST WAVE of people that would have lost benefits. 3 Years of unemployment insurance?! WTF?!

What are you opinions?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Thanked 1,104 Times in 534 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Brian Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian
Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

I have no opinion, the goverment makes all my choices for me regardless of what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobick View Post
I mean, when you are with a woman, doing a bit of heavy pettin' and you put your hands down her pants, and into the panties, I want to know when I hit that border line. That unmistakable sensation of pubic hair through the fingers that lets you know, you are now into a private area, and you wouldn't be there unless she wanted you there. It's like a green light of sorts, when your hand hits hair!
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Thanked 1,104 Times in 534 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Brian Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian

Add:

I'm and not astute enough to make a complicated argument or suggestion on taxes. I am one of those guys who say's, "just tell me what I owe" and go on. We will never get rid of taxes or not be taxes to death. The whole point of making arguement over taxes is a waste to me because it is something so far out of our control there is no reason to even worry about it, just bitch about it.

But heck, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I personally think the entire systems needs reworked to lower taxes to point of <5% total. It isn’t like I want to pay taxes but I think some is ok to provide protection for the country and keep us safe.
If the USA would stop giving money away to causes unrelated to do with anything in our country maybe it would save some money. Or maybe stop paying triple for something you and I would only pay the bare minimum on.

Take for example these minority project slated for 20 billion ONLY to minorities. These companies in return hire folks like you and I and then jack it up beyond the norm to the 'fuck it, it's the government' rate.
Or like Halliburton charging the government 100 dollars a duffle bag to wash soldiers clothes when it only cost them an average 5 bucks?

Like I stated above, it's a lost cause and the monster (government) has gotten so big it is out of control, and sadly enough, it will never change. It is IMPOSSIBLE to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobick View Post
I mean, when you are with a woman, doing a bit of heavy pettin' and you put your hands down her pants, and into the panties, I want to know when I hit that border line. That unmistakable sensation of pubic hair through the fingers that lets you know, you are now into a private area, and you wouldn't be there unless she wanted you there. It's like a green light of sorts, when your hand hits hair!
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian For This Useful Post:
UnderDogg (12-11-2010)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
kc5deb

Sad, but, daily becoming more and more the truth.

Taxes shouldn't be wasted on other countries, people who don't want to work, health insurance, or %+70 of what it's used for today. It should be exactly for what it was initially intended for... For protecting people; not for taking care of people.

Eggs & Bacon. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
kc5deb is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
SkywayTA

Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,054 Posts
Post Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

[cue violin]

Last edited by SkywayTA; 04-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
SkywayTA is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to SkywayTA For This Useful Post:
JOEBOOWORK (12-09-2010)
Old 12-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet

Few months, TOTALLY understand. Years???? not so much. And there is a large difference between sitting on your ass all day playing games, and getting out there and trying to find a job. The people that I have problems with are the people who just play the system.

Billy Fucktard - "Wait, if I go apply at 10 locations this week, your going to give me free money?!?!?!? Hey bossman, here is my resume (which reads: I have never been too good at anything, and my mom always thought I was a looser. But I am sure I can do whatever things you guys do)" {Side note, that is a REAL resume that I got this year.}

Those people PISS ME OFF. I did not pay my taxes so that guy can sit on his ass all day playing games. I am sorry: fuck them.

*** NOTE: This next part is NOT meant to be rude, condescending or me trying to be an ass. I am trying to help here ***

I am sure that doing something for 10 to 30 years, and all of a sudden that job no longer exists anywhere could be a shock; but surely there is something that you are good at that you can use to market yourself. I heard you pulled a 26 crank wheelie down your block one time. HELLO... But seriously, the power of positive thinking has to take control here.

Listen, take this from someone who hires people. If someone comes into my office to get a job, and isn't stoked about who they are; what makes you think I would give a shit about them? I can tell within the first 20 seconds of an interview if I am going to consider them. Confidence in yourself and what you can do, is vastly more important than what you know. I want someone who can do their job; don't get me wrong. I just don't want someone who is johnny bummer all the time.

I personally do not know you, but when my wife went through this, and was on unemployment for a few months, she was Debbie Downer all the time. I kept telling her, you are NEVER going to get a job if you walk in with this crappy attitude. And even if you fake it, people can see right through it. It has to be genuine. Anyways, as soon as I built her up enough, she got a job. A good one too.

*** End of Sermon ***

I know you will find a job. I know you will do great at whatever you put your mind to. Sometimes people just need to hear it to believe it: "Don't let your life be governed by the crutches you lean on." -- Jetnet 2010

http://www.eyebleach.us
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jetnet For This Useful Post:
JOEBOOWORK (12-09-2010), SkywayTA (12-09-2010)
Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
SkywayTA

Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,054 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Umemployment Insurance vs Taxes.

To quote Joeboo, "I do believe that was a slice!"
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Harry

Based on the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a discussion of a privatized insurance system where individuals purchase an insurance plan against losing their job, analogous to life insurance.

My two cents:

Taxes can be highly destructive to the economy, but are necessary. We should abolish the IRS/current income tax system and institute a federal sales tax of ~19%, which would be far more efficient.

I've not been following the news for the last several weeks, but I suspect that extending unemployment benefits was a political necessity. However, it's a short term expenditure that is insignificant in comparison to our long term liabilities like medicare, social security and interest payments on the national debt.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnet View Post
Listen, take this from someone who hires people. If someone comes into my office to get a job, and isn't stoked about who they are; what makes you think I would give a shit about them? I can tell within the first 20 seconds of an interview if I am going to consider them. Confidence in yourself and what you can do, is vastly more important than what you know.
I'm involved in the hiring at my company, and I agree 100% with this.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
JOEBOOWORK

Thanked 3,380 Times in 1,505 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via MSN to JOEBOOWORK Send a message via Yahoo to JOEBOOWORK