Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet
You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Those of you who think we have global warming based on humans.. WATCH THIS.

This is very long, but OMG does it slap global warming in the face.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU[/MEDIA]
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
crockett

Send a message via ICQ to crockett Send a message via AIM to crockett
Re: Those of you who think we have global warming based on humans.. WATCH THIS.

I haven't watched it, but I do know there are a lot of documentaries out there that have been produced by big oil and other of the same style of organizations whom it's in their best interest to discredit global warming.

It's just like with the cigarette companies in the 70's and 80's they put as much mis-information out there as they could, in order to put doubt in the public mind.

Let me put it to you like this.. Global warming or not, what is the benefit to the us to continue polluting out planet? Does Mercury taste good in fish? Does the air in LA smell better than it does in less polluted cities?

The threat of global warming is the best chance we have in getting all the world govts together to stop what we are doing to this planet. So if it's real or not, what's it hurt to assume it's real? I mean really why take the chance?

I built this web page kinda to sum this argument up..I think it gets right to the point..

http://www.transfixing.com

crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Greedo LFD

Read "State of Fear." Michael Crichton sums it up at the end... there are reasons to conserve and not pollute, but we don't need to be lied to by the big environmental machine to scare us into it.

Greedo LFD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet

But the problem with saying that there is global warming when there is not, is that its leading us down the wrong path. If our earth is poluted, GREAT, lets get it cleaned up. But lets not say its because of this or that when its not. Its because we do not have laws and regulations prohibitting those things. Its not because were creating too much CO2.

Anyways, its a good watch.
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnet View Post
But the problem with saying that there is global warming when there is not, is that its leading us down the wrong path. If our earth is poluted, GREAT, lets get it cleaned up. But lets not say its because of this or that when its not. Its because we do not have laws and regulations prohibitting those things. Its not because were creating too much CO2.

Anyways, its a good watch.
I still haven't had the time to watch it, but who says there isn't global warming? Some documentry says it's there isn't meanwhile the ice caps are melting and where I live will likely be under water in the next 20 years. But somehow it's all BS?

There is no argument that the Earth is warming, there are a lot of people saying it's because of this reason or that. One thing is for sure, it doesn't take a sicentist to figure out all the shit we are pumping into the air is going to have an effect on this planent.

Have you happened to watch "An Inconvenient Truth"? There is a hell of a lot of evidence out there that seems to show that we are helping speed up the changes to our climate.

Honestly if there was really evidence out there that shows global warming is BS, then why aren't the rest of the world catching on? I know there is some guy out there claiming global warming is because of the sun and he claims Mars is experiencing the exact same % of warming as the Earth.

The thing is can we really risk being wrong?

BTW just a quick search and I come up with this page about this 'documentary" that picks the film apart saying they cherry picked the info to give a positive spin on their own agenda. The page even shows the charts that were used are misleading compared to official charts.

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/1174/81/

A search on IMDB.com brings up no info on this "documentary" which seems a bit strange. I'm betting if you can dig deep enough this film was produced by big money oil.

It's funny how fast this stuff spreads on the net when people want a reason not to belive in something. I've seen this video posted three diffrent places now over the last two days. That and I've also notice a growing trend "experts" that try to debunk global warming. Of course none of the experts are ever anyone that is really a expert.

I bet you anything this video will be linked back to big oil and co..

as a side note another article about it talking about the mis informaion and distorted graphs and so on..

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2355956.ece

Last edited by crockett; 03-14-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Greedo LFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
So if it's real or not, what's it hurt to assume it's real? I mean really why take the chance?
That sounds like the same logic you reject that was used for the Iraq war and WMD.

Greedo LFD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Octopus

Send a message via AIM to Octopus

After watching the first minute of the film, they state "the fundamental assumption of global warming is that increased co2 correlates with increased temperature, where in fact the ice cores prove exactly the opposite.

I guess all i need to do is look at this graph which shows the actual data.

http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/02.htm

Now I havent run any regressions or anything on this data myself but if i were to guess, they seem to have a pretty strong positive correlation in fact they almost seem to mirror each other. now i'm no expert on the matter but that graph seems to say quite a bit.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo LFD View Post
That sounds like the same logic you reject that was used for the Iraq war and WMD.
Well the difference is, I believe man made global warming is real. lol I never believed Iraq had any WMD's though. However the tactic, seems to work in order to get us into Iraq, so why not use it to clean up our planet.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
kc5deb

"Global Warming Data" aside, let's look at it from other views.

Age of the Earth = 4,550,000,000 years
Length of time man has been involved in "global warming" = ~75 years

I see that as there's about 1 in 60,666,666.7 chance that man has even a smidgion to do with affecting the earth's climate change.

The earth changed it's climate numerous times for billions of years before man ever even discovered fire.

That's a pretty over-blown statement by the few dozen scientists at the IPCC to say that man is more powerful than mother nature.

I'm just waiting for Al Gore to come out and say that our Mars rovers are causing the mars ice caps to melt, too.
kc5deb is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
SnowFart
Administrator

Thanked 1,080 Times in 467 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to SnowFart Send a message via AIM to SnowFart Send a message via MSN to SnowFart Send a message via Yahoo to SnowFart

I don't believe the Earth is that old.
sF

This resides on my front porch just outside the front door.
You don't believe me, just try me.
SnowFart is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook