TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > General Public > Video Posts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #21
Ixcuincle

Re: Those of you who think we have global warming based on humans.. WATCH THIS.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

Quote:
Just how much of the "Greenhouse Effect" is caused by human activity?

It is about 0.28%, if water vapor is taken into account-- about 5.53%, if not.
Well that's a relief...I know that when the polar caps flood and we all go down "The Day After tommorow" style , that humans were not responsible!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
Octopus

Send a message via AIM to Octopus

So good to see that rational analysis of the facts and the true scientific data can so easily be debunked because the earth has been changing for billions of years and we're still fine.

Wake up, the world today is extremely different from the world 50 years ago. The rapid rate of industrial expansion has produces so much of an output of CO2 to disrupt the normal climate cycles.

As many have noted, climate doesn't change in a slow gradual process it is very rapid and decisive. One major reason is due to the non-linear climate cycles. there are many tipping points that occur that cause these rapid shifts. I for one am quite concerned if our influence on the climate by co2 and other gasses, while not tremendously substantial if you look on the long climare record. But my concern is that it is enough to influence the climate cycles to hit a major tipping point and reach a state that we will have a very difficult time going back from.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #23
crockett

Send a message via ICQ to crockett Send a message via AIM to crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
So good to see that rational analysis of the facts and the true scientific data can so easily be debunked because the earth has been changing for billions of years and we're still fine.

Wake up, the world today is extremely different from the world 50 years ago. The rapid rate of industrial expansion has produces so much of an output of CO2 to disrupt the normal climate cycles.

As many have noted, climate doesn't change in a slow gradual process it is very rapid and decisive. One major reason is due to the non-linear climate cycles. there are many tipping points that occur that cause these rapid shifts. I for one am quite concerned if our influence on the climate by co2 and other gasses, while not tremendously substantial if you look on the long climare record. But my concern is that it is enough to influence the climate cycles to hit a major tipping point and reach a state that we will have a very difficult time going back from.
I think I've learned the fact, that if people don't want to believe something for what ever reason no matter how much evidence there is to support it. Well, they will use any weak argument backed by some twisted facts that fit their agenda.

Personally, I think anyone who can't look at what is happened to this planet and know it's us that are screwing it up must have a screw or two lose or they just don't care.

Sadly I'd say most just don't care.

crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #24
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I think I've learned the fact, that if people don't want to believe something for what ever reason no matter how much evidence there is to support it. Well, they will use any weak argument backed by some twisted facts that fit their agenda.

Personally, I think anyone who can't look at what is happened to this planet and know it's us that are screwing it up must have a screw or two lose or they just don't care.

Sadly I'd say most just don't care.

And I have learned that someone who is a stubborn fool and forms an opinion about something, will bash anything and everything to get his way on something.

Once again, I NEVER SAID we were not screwing up the enviornment. BUT, fact is, were all here, theres nothing we can do about it. BUT, lets look at the FACTS, not just the crap that is presented to us by people whose JOBS depend on their being a problem to begin with. How much government money these enviornmenalists would get if they said, "hey, you know this global warming thing... its been going on for MILLIONS of years, and theres nothing we can do to stop it." ZERO... They wouldnt get ANY kind of funding from the government. So whose best interest are they looking out for?

Now, about these guys in the videos. Are they telling us the truth? I don't know. I am not a researcher, I have not gone out there and found these facts for myself. But what I do know is, we are just a speck on this planet. we take up less then a hairs width on a mile long timeline of this planets history, yet somehow we are so nieve to think that we have this awsome power to shape the outcome of this planet because we BREATH to much... or we have too much industrial plants. Think a little larger. Wouldn't it be more likely to have astrological changes affecting global tempatures rather then a trash pile in the bronx, or birth rates? I mean come on... How small do you have to think to think... "If I would just recycle this can, I'm gonna save the world." Well guess what, recycling (other then aluminum and glass, because they already have to go through that process) is just a waste of energy, and causes MORE polution and problems then NOT recycling. Do we need to consirve our natural energy, YES. I agree with that. We also need to do more on renewable energies, and natural energies like solar and wind powers. We need to do a lot of things, I agree totally. But thinking that its CO2 that is causing our world to warm up like it is... COME ON...

Admit to me this, and this is not a far stretch of the imagination...

True or False:

Is our SUN responsible for warming of our planet?

I am only assuming that you would say True, as that should be a no brainer.

If thats so, would it be plausable to say that in the last 50 years, more and more sun spots, solar flares, and general warming of our sun COULD BE CAUSING our planet to warm up? Is that such a far stretch of the imagination?

Last edited by jetnet; 03-22-2007 at 10:27 AM.
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to jetnet For This Useful Post:
Ixcuincle (03-22-2007)
Old 03-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
crockett

Send a message via ICQ to crockett Send a message via AIM to crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetnet View Post
And I have learned that someone who is a stubborn fool and forms an opinion about something, will bash anything and everything to get his way on something.

Once again, I NEVER SAID we were not screwing up the enviornment. BUT, fact is, were all here, theres nothing we can do about it. BUT, lets look at the FACTS, not just the crap that is presented to us by people whose JOBS depend on their being a problem to begin with. How much government money these enviornmenalists would get if they said, "hey, you know this global warming thing... its been going on for MILLIONS of years, and theres nothing we can do to stop it." ZERO... They wouldnt get ANY kind of funding from the government. So whose best interest are they looking out for?

Now, about these guys in the videos. Are they telling us the truth? I don't know. I am not a researcher, I have not gone out there and found these facts for myself. But what I do know is, we are just a speck on this planet. we take up less then a hairs width on a mile long timeline of this planets history, yet somehow we are so nieve to think that we have this awsome power to shape the outcome of this planet because we BREATH to much... or we have too much industrial plants. Think a little larger. Wouldn't it be more likely to have astrological changes affecting global tempatures rather then a trash pile in the bronx, or birth rates? I mean come on... How small do you have to think to think... "If I would just recycle this can, I'm gonna save the world." Well guess what, recycling (other then aluminum and glass, because they already have to go through that process) is just a waste of energy, and causes MORE polution and problems then NOT recycling. Do we need to consirve our natural energy, YES. I agree with that. We also need to do more on renewable energies, and natural energies like solar and wind powers. We need to do a lot of things, I agree totally. But thinking that its CO2 that is causing our world to warm up like it is... COME ON...

Admit to me this, and this is not a far stretch of the imagination...

True or False:

Is our SUN responsible for warming of our planet?

I am only assuming that you would say True, as that should be a no brainer.

If thats so, would it be plausable to say that in the last 50 years, more and more sun spots, solar flares, and general warming of our sun COULD BE CAUSING our planet to warm up? Is that such a far stretch of the imagination?
We are a speck on this planet? Sorry but with the rapid growth of human population in the last 100 years, we are a bit more than just a little spec.

Are we not over fishing the oceans? Are wales are not in danger aswell as most other food sources in the oceans of going thew way of the buffalo? Did we not pretty much cause the Buffalo's who used to roam in the hundreds of thousands to be almost nothing?

Did you know man is burning or clearing 214,000 acres per day in Africa alone? That's about 2.5 acres per second, day in and day out. We are far from just a spec on this planet.

You don't think you can do anything? Well of course everyone can't go out and buy some hybrid car but you can change a light bulb can't yet?

Just a simple thing as a light bulb can do a lot if everyone does it.

"If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR, we would save enough energy to light more than 2.5 million homes for a year and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of nearly 800,000 cars." (source)

See that's the point, if no one cares or is willing to change, nothing with ever get done or change. You don't have to be a frobing liberal to do something to protect the the planet you live on, many little things can help.

You act as if the only reason anyone complains about global warming is because of money.. lol that's pretty damn funny when it's the people whom are mostly responsible for global warming that have the most money to lose.

I haven't seen too many billion dollar industries that depend on telling everyone global warming is man made. However I see quite a few billion dollar industries that have a lot of money riding on getting people to believe it's not man made.

If global warming was because of sun spots, don't you think that 90% of the scientists out there would figure that out? What do scientists get out of telling us global warming is man made? They sure don't get any extra money from the govt. So what do they get?

crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #26
Ixcuincle

Quote:

"If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR, we would save enough energy to light more than 2.5 million homes for a year and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of nearly 800,000 cars." (source)

See that's the point, if no one cares or is willing to change, nothing with ever get done or change. You don't have to be a frobing liberal to do something to protect the the planet you live on, many little things can help.
what about leaving your computer on all night because someone kept threatening me to turn my computer off at night or i would global warm the earth
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #27
kc5deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
We are a speck on this planet? Sorry but with the rapid growth of human population in the last 100 years, we are a bit more than just a little spec.

Are we not over fishing the oceans? Are wales are not in danger aswell as most other food sources in the oceans of going thew way of the buffalo? Did we not pretty much cause the Buffalo's who used to roam in the hundreds of thousands to be almost nothing?

Did you know man is burning or clearing 214,000 acres per day in Africa alone? That's about 2.5 acres per second, day in and day out. We are far from just a spec on this planet.

You don't think you can do anything? Well of course everyone can't go out and buy some hybrid car but you can change a light bulb can't yet?

You act as if the only reason anyone complains about global warming is because of money.. lol that's pretty damn funny when it's the people whom are mostly responsible for global warming that have the most money to lose.

I haven't seen too many billion dollar industries that depend on telling everyone global warming is man made. However I see quite a few billion dollar industries that have a lot of money riding on getting people to believe it's not man made.

If global warming was because of sun spots, don't you think that 90% of the scientists out there would figure that out? What do scientists get out of telling us global warming is man made? They sure don't get any extra money from the govt. So what do they get?
kc5deb is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #28
sENLOCke

Send a message via AIM to sENLOCke

visit LA and tell me human pollution isnt a problem.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #29
jetnet
Administrator

Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,074 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jetnet Send a message via Yahoo to jetnet

When did I say that it wasnt a problem? NEVER... I have been to LA. When we flew in, I was like... WTF are we landing in? That brown cloud?

The point I am making is I can not belive that what we are doing is a direct reflection on the weather... Not on a global scale. We still need to clean it up, and cut down on polution.
jetnet is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #30
sENLOCke

Send a message via AIM to sENLOCke

I wasnt aiming at you Jet but I hear you. I dont think we can positively impact the env, but I do think we can slow down the rate at which we fuck it up. btw how much is gas in Texas? its 3.23 a gal for the cheap shit here with no reason or explanation why.