TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Public Debate > Political Beliefs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #21
Goatboy

Send a message via ICQ to Goatboy Send a message via AIM to Goatboy Send a message via MSN to Goatboy Send a message via Yahoo to Goatboy
Quote:
Originally posted by crockett@Oct 29 2004, 03:55 PM
you still don't believe Prescott Bush did business with the Nazis?
;180957[/snapback]
Do I believe that Prescott Bush dealt with companies that had Nazi affiliations? Yeah, that's proveable. Do I believe Prescott Bush INTENTIONALLY dealt with Nazi firms? Not really, because all the reports I've read (unbiased, of course) show that Prescott didn't have first hand knowledge the fact. I'm sure it was brought to his attention after all was said and done, but, I'm sure Prescott wasn't the only person in America that had indirect dealings with German companies in that era.

Save a tree... Smack a beaver...
Goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 11-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #22
AKIRA

Way to make an argument Beni, just attack your opponents character. That way you never have to deal with any of the points your opponent makes.

Quote:
Ben Aris in Berlin and Duncan Campbell in Washington
Saturday September 25, 2004
The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...312540,00.html

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.
"There is a grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." - Charles Darwin -1859-
AKIRA is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook