TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Public Debate > Political Beliefs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 12:03 PM   #11
JackelPDW

Quote:
Originally posted by |2[]@Aug 15 2005, 10:40 PM
Sean Hannity is a lying piece of shit.* If he's been "Hannitized", then logical thinking is not possible.
;213726[/snapback]
I would agree with that. Hell I'm conservative on alot of things but Hannity is just a dumbass.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #12
Ixcuincle

"dumbass" or not hannity is probably the only good thing on the radio from 3 to 5 (when local sports comes on) otherwise I'd be forced to listen to 3 old men (John Thompson , Doc Walker , and "Smokin Al Coken") talk about sports issues...Nothing against John Thompson but the show is kind of aimed towards old people and not the 18-25 demographic.

Either that or I could do what i did in the past and just turn off the radio and sleep.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
crockett

Send a message via ICQ to crockett Send a message via AIM to crockett
Quote:
Originally posted by Ixcuincle@Aug 15 2005, 08:16 PM
Cindy Sheehan begins to anger me because of her misunderstanding. I'm sorry that she lost her son in iraq but she doesn't understand why her son died , and that's what pisses me off so much. Her son died fighting the enemies of America and helping maintain democracy in Iraq , what's wrong with that? She also demands that the US withdraw from Iraq which is complete bullshit...as Bush previously stated , withdrawal would mean the terrorists would have won the battle (and we can't have that ). I wrote an essay a year ago for English class supporting American troops staying in Iraq , one of my points was that Iraq still is not ready to take on the insurgency by itself and Americans still need to stay in Iraq for a little while longer until Iraq is capable of handling the insurgency without American assistance. If America were to , say , withdraw all their troops today the insurgency would overwhelm Iraq , Saddam or another Arabic dictator would return to power , and all our work in Iraq would have been for naught.

Damn...this hannitization has completely changed my views of President Bush*
;213692[/snapback]

You are pissed off because she claims to not know why her son died? Do you just assume everyone thinks we should be in Iraq or something? I think a good portion of the people in the country including myself believe we are there for "other" reasons than what Bush admin claimed and now their amended version.

We were out right lied to about WMD's and that was the reason we went to Iraq. We didn't go to Iraq to give Iraqi's a "freedom" we went to Iraq because Bush said America was in danger from Iraq.

Now since we can't find any WMD's.. It's now We went to Iraq to spread democracy in the middle east. BULLSHIT..

Her son died for a lie and that's why she's pissed. Meanwhile the ass in charge takes a month long vacation while other American soldiers are dieing in his oil war.

crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #14
PaintballerZell

Send a message via AIM to PaintballerZell Send a message via MSN to PaintballerZell
I can't stand that lady most of all.

Her son entered the army willingly. That's what happens when we goto war. People die. Period. Also, she said that the country was no threat to us.. Lady, they've been a threat to us for awhile. Also, it wasn't Bush himself that killed him, it was the Iraqi-opposition that pulled the trigger. Yeah... that country isn't a threat.

Things like that he has little to no control over. I'm MORE than positive Bush doesn't want to be in war, but it just so happens we are. And every person that is in the military knows and understands that there are risks involved. Even if he joined during peace time, he understood that once the calling came, he had no choice but to go.

That's what happens when you sign the line.

PaintballerZell is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #15
Goatboy

Send a message via ICQ to Goatboy Send a message via AIM to Goatboy Send a message via MSN to Goatboy Send a message via Yahoo to Goatboy
Quote:
Originally posted by crockett@Aug 19 2005, 02:33 PM
We were out right lied to about WMD's a
;214065[/snapback]
I saw this a few days ago in someone's signature, and I'll try to quote it as accuratly as I can...

"If you think Bush lied about WMD's and should be impeached, then I want the weather man to be fired for saying it wasn't supposed to rain"

Now, I don't believe that everyone believes we went over there for the right reasons. Not everyone supports war, including myself. I just happen to believe that freedom's not without a price, and never will be.

Point being, her son enlisted in the military, REGARDLESS if we were at war, or at peace. Why aren't the mothers of soldiers that were killed during peace time asking why their son/daughter had to die? Why aren't the other parents who sons/daughters have died during times of war asking why their kids died? The same reason that mom's of children who have died in auto accidents aren't camped outside auto manufactures houses asking to speak to the president of that company about "why their children had to die". You accepted the risk, and knew that there were fatal possibilities.

HER SON ACCEPTED THE RISK OF DEATH EITHER IN TIMES OF PEACE OR IN TIMES OF WAR, AND NO ONE FORCED HIM TO JOIN THE MILITARY!

Quote:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
George S. Patton

Save a tree... Smack a beaver...
Goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #16
crockett

Goat and Zell.. It's a fact I'm sure he entered the military completely willing on his own accord.. Yes there is always a price for freedom. I think pretty much anyone can accept that our military will have to be used from time to time and with that people are going to die.

However I think the soldiers and the soldier's family's deserve to be told the truth as to why it is necessary that their lives to be put at risk. We are talking about a leader that has abused the trust of the people that serve this country. We don't always have to agree with the reason behind us going to war and putting our troops in danger. However we should at least be told the truth about why they are putting their lives on the line.

If you can't understand that by now, you probably never will. There is a major difference in going to war believing you are defending your country from an attack, rather than going to war based on false actuations.

I mean come on we aren't talking about special forces guys that know they will never be told the real reason of what they are doing.. We are talking about the comon day soldiers, many of whom are reserves or just adverage people, that probably just wanted a way out of being stuck in some small town in no where America.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #17
Goatboy

Send a message via ICQ to Goatboy Send a message via AIM to Goatboy Send a message via MSN to Goatboy Send a message via Yahoo to Goatboy
Quote:
Originally posted by crockett@Aug 19 2005, 06:15 PM
If you can't understand that by now, you probably never will. There is a major difference in going to war believing you are defending your country from an attack, rather than going to war based on false actuations.
;214081[/snapback]
Again, I must ask, what false accusations?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #18
crockett

Quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy@Aug 19 2005, 11:38 PM
Again, I must ask, what false accusations?
;214082[/snapback]
Man I'm not trying to be blunt but give me a break man.. You can't be that naive can you?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #19
|2[]

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintballerZell@Aug 19 2005, 02:21 PM

Things like that he has little to no control over. I'm MORE than positive Bush doesn't want to be in war, but it just so happens we are.
;214072[/snapback]

Then you are MORE than completely wrong. 100% wrong. It's a shame you believe this, but not suprising.

- Karl Rove

|2[] is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 PM   #20
Goatboy

Quote:
Originally posted by crockett@Aug 19 2005, 07:00 PM
Man I'm not trying to be blunt but give me a break man.. You can't be that naive can you?
;214083[/snapback]
No, not naive. Just wondering why everyone keeps forgetting the whole deal about the WMD's; the damned anti-bush folks around the world seem to have forgotten the events leading up to the war.

First off, we knew he had WMD's, because (A) we allowed US companies to supply him with the materials neccissary to build them, (B) he used them in previous years, and he admitted to having them.

When the UN began to make Saddam hold up to his peace agreements, which included telling the UN where his stockpiles were, he responded by telling them he didn't have any. The UN and the US said "uhhhh, ok, then what did you do with them?". The response we got was "we don't know, mind your own business". That's when we started getting pissed, because he's just the kind of person to sell that shit, or donate it to the same people who flew the planes into the trade center. YES, Saddam had ties to Al Quiada; he funded a terrorist camp in Iraq that included a shelled out plane to train people on how to hijack aircraft. Investigations with Iraqi guards who worked there told many stories of Bin Laden's groups training there with other terrorist organizations.

So, we knew he once had them, he wouldn't tell us where he destroyed them or sold them, and was way more than uncooperative to UN inspectors.

We gave him a deadline, he failed to meet his obligations, so, we took him out of power to make sure that he wouldn't become a larger threat to the US, the Iraqi people, and the surrounding nations.

Plus, if you want to throw the argument in here of "he relied on bad information", well, then he relied on the bad information of the security council left over from the Clinton era. Well, what was left of it after Clinton cut back funding on security.

If the 9/11 incident had never happened, I don't think we would've gone as swift to war with Saddam. But, since 9/11 DID happen, that put the US on a completely new defense stance of "we're not taking any more chances".

So, after going in, and finding only small traces of WMD's left behind, do we just leave a war torn Iraq by pulling all our troops? That only leaves an even greater negative impression on the US by the extremists in the middle east, and leaves the people of Iraq to face the next brutal Iraqi dictator.

Could the war have been adverted? Yes, if Saddam had just done as he had agreed to do by telling the UN what he did with the WMD's.