TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Hobbies > Its all about the Cars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
kc5deb

You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Rode with an R1 today

For you bike guys out there.

I rode around with a friend of mine today on his 2005 R1.

All I gotta say is, DAYMN!!!

That bike is just in-fck'n sane!

I still love the hell outta mine, and have no plans to get rid of it, but, I have to give some props to Yamaha on their R1's.

Eggs & Bacon. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
kc5deb is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Brian
Making boiled peanuts

Thanked 1,104 Times in 534 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Brian Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian
Re: Rode with an R1 today

This is mine....

http://newboards.tusclan.com/showthread.php?t=19472

Sold it a little while ago but I'm thinking of getting another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobick View Post
I mean, when you are with a woman, doing a bit of heavy pettin' and you put your hands down her pants, and into the panties, I want to know when I hit that border line. That unmistakable sensation of pubic hair through the fingers that lets you know, you are now into a private area, and you wouldn't be there unless she wanted you there. It's like a green light of sorts, when your hand hits hair!
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
FMAN DTF

Send a message via AIM to FMAN DTF Send a message via Yahoo to FMAN DTF

any liter bike is like that

whether it is a Kawasaki ZX-10R, Suzuki GSX-R1000, or the Yamaha R1

they are all like 150hp and pretty much do high 9 low 10 quarter miles

FMAN DTF is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
Crazed_Yak

Send a message via MSN to Crazed_Yak

Those crotch rockets look great when they are in pieces all over the highway, and the driver is in the ambulance on his way to get about 300 pieces of asphalt pulled out of his a$$.

Maybe you guys will be lucky, but if you try to do the high 9 or low 10 quarter miles you are only asking for a world of pain. I don't care if you have 20 years of riding under your belt... It is only a matter of time until you fall..

Two types of people drive motorcycles: 1) Those who have crashed. 2) Those who will crash.

I've had 2 wrecks, and been lucky enough to walk away from both. Been riding for 19 years and love it, but most of those people I see on the crotch rockets flying by me have no clue how to ride safely, or the amount of pain they are in for when that car doesn't see them coming up behind them at 100+ MPH.
Crazed_Yak is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Greedo LFD

Loud pipes save lives.

Greedo LFD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
kc5deb

Yak, I'll be the first one to agree with you on how stupid riders end up all over the road. The guys shooting in and out of traffic at 100+ mph pisses me off too.

But, I'll also say that any bike scattered all over the road is NOT pretty.

I happen to like the "crotch rockets", though. I think they're a beautiful mix of power to weight ratio and balance, with some gorgeous lines thrown in to boot. One day I'd like to ride one, but, I'd save the 100+ for the track, and not in town with traffic.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
Crazed_Yak

Send a message via MSN to Crazed_Yak

The first line in my comment above may be a tad harsh. I agree to a certain point that most of my problem come from the wannabe race guys who bought their bike 2 days previous and have no clue about how to operate the damn thing. Simple things like: Correct following (braking) distance, or making sure their not riding in a blind spot.

My favorite thing I saw this week was a guy who passed me (I was doing 75 when he zoomed by) wearing.... you ready for this... Sunglasses, Wife beater, No helmet, Shorts and Flip-flops. All the stuff he was wearing I see around here on a regular basis, but the flip-flops threw me off. Just thought it really funny is all. Also of note was his really nice full face helmet under a couple of bungee cords on the rear of his bike. He had the helmet, just decided not to wear it. This was on a large 8 lane Interstate that he was zooming in and out of traffic on.

Any and every time I ride I wear a Helmet (Bell Mag 8), Leather gloves, sunglasses and a orange vest. I have to wear all this stuff at a minimum to guarantee my health insurance will cover me if I am in an accident. Gotta love TriCare and the military. If you are not wearing the equipment they do not have to pay. Most of the times they do, but not always. I've seen my fair share of people who find that out the hard way.
Crazed_Yak is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Greedo LFD

Yep. No line of duty determination if you burn in without your IPE on. I'm out and I still wear a helmet, gloves, boots, and eyepro just because I think you'd be stupid not to. (It is a half helmet tho unless I'll be riding on the freeway)

Old 07-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
kc5deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_Yak View Post
My favorite thing I saw this week was a guy who passed me (I was doing 75 when he zoomed by) wearing.... you ready for this... Sunglasses, Wife beater, No helmet, Shorts and Flip-flops. All the stuff he was wearing I see around here on a regular basis, but the flip-flops threw me off. Just thought it really funny is all. Also of note was his really nice full face helmet under a couple of bungee cords on the rear of his bike. He had the helmet, just decided not to wear it.
So, I wondered where my neighbor rides to all the time... Apparantly Florida?

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy. I go over and drink a beer with him and his friends often. But, I told them I'd never ride with them. Cause out of their bunch of guys, only a couple of them ride with any sense. The others, including my neighbor, enjoys riding on the back tire at near triple digit speeds wearing exactly what you described; shorts, wife beaters and flip flops.

Now, if I go for a short run to town, I might not put on my jacket and gloves, but, always in jeans, boots, and topped with a lid skid. If I go out for more than 15 minutes, or know I'm going to get into some traffic, I'll don the jacket and gloves. The only time I've ridden mine without gear was the day I test rode it, and that was only because I only had my helmet with me.

What I do notice though, with my neighbor excluded, I see more guys on "crotch rockets" with gear and helmets than I do guys on cruisers with gear and helmets. Most every guy I know around here that has a cruiser, wears in jeans and a t-shirt with sunglasses. And they're just as bad about popping in and out of traffic as the squids are.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
Greedo LFD

Yeah, but cruiser guys are cooler.