Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Artsy Fartsy Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
kows

Send a message via ICQ to kows Send a message via AIM to kows
You can not vote!
You can not vote!

Jay-Z's new single

Jay-Z's coming out of retirement, his new single is called "Show Me What You Got." His album 'Kingdom Come' is due out on Nov 21st, just shy of a month before Nas' new album 'Hip Hop is Dead' (around Dec 12th, I believe). I really hope they do some collaborations, maybe at least one for each album.

You can listen to the single here or here.

In other rap news, Eminem's next album is out on Dec 5th, entitled "Eminem Presents: The Re-Up," most likely having the majority of tracks featuring new members of Shady Records, instead of his normal solo-type album. D12's next album will be coming out soon too, and will be their last album together as a group because of Proof's death. Rakim will also be releasing an album this year hopefully, and it will be his first new album in 8 years.

Lloyd Banks' new album entitled "Rotten Apple" comes out in 3 days (Oct 10th). It's been leaked, of course, and I got it on the 5th.. but it's terrible.
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem

Last edited by kows; 10-07-2006 at 06:26 AM.
kows is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
QuarterPounD

Send a message via MSN to QuarterPounD
Re: Jay-Z's new single

well if jay-z is gunna come out with another cd i hope the rest of it will be better than that singal. it was horrible. he needs to stay in retirement
QuarterPounD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
kows

why?

his first singles are nearly always like that (H to the Izzo, Change Clothes, etc), and although they are not the best songs on an album (in my opinion), they're still good. I for one am glad he's back, I enjoy listening to all of his music and I thought he should have stayed around for a while to produce some stuff with Nas after they ended their feud.

I can't wait for his album to come out.
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem
Old 10-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Untouchable

Go easy on me, Queen of Languages, please.
Untouchable is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
QuarterPounD

Send a message via MSN to QuarterPounD

Nas is poop to he is going no where... all washed up. if jay-z should do any producing for anyone it should most defiently be kayne west. he is the future of Roca Fella records. im not saying by any means that i dont like jay-z he is a good rapper and always has been but that singal that i just listented to is , i think by far the worst piece of music i have ever heard from him. i just hope the rest of the cd is better which im sure it will be cuz like u said kows his singals always suck. i just hope it is the same for this cd
QuarterPounD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
kows

nas is a great rapper, arguably one of the best ever and some would say better than jay-z, what are you talking about? i liked his street's disciple, and if you heard the 50 cent answer back he put out a while ago i doubt you'd be saying he's all washed up. i'd be expecting a 50 cent diss song (similar to Ether on Stillmatic) on his new album, not sure if he'll do it though.

his new album will be awesome, and so will jay's, i'll love them like my own children, even if they don't sell as much as their past albums.

the "sales" of a rapper don't pronounce how good they are, 50 cent is a shitty rapper but he sold 1.1 million copies of "the massacre" in a short week (ie: came out around thursday/friday, counting starts on monday/sunday, so thursday to start date = 1.1 million, i believe that when he did that it had never been done before) however, he makes music that just "sounds good," people who don't actually listen to the words of a song like it because it sounds cool, yet he's a terrible lyricist in my opinion. all of his shit sounds the same to me, i hate listening to it. his first cd was alright, but since then, he sounds like ass.

it's like every other good rapper out there who puts out a new album and gets criticized by their fans and don't sell as much because it doesn't sound like "mainstream" rap, which is just a bunch of faggots yelling about drugs/money and bitches. for example, eminem's last solo album, Encore (dec 2004), was a great album if you ask me.. but people didn't like it because it had a different style than his others.

blah. i don't know what i'm talking about anymore. bottom line: i'm looking forward to jay-z and nas' albums, and am fairly certain that i won't be disappointed by them because i've never really been.

csi is on and i'm going to go watch it, bye.
-Eminem
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #7
sENLOCke

Send a message via AIM to sENLOCke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kows View Post
nas is a great rapper, arguably one of the best ever

are you fucking kidding me? lololol. you noob.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
kows

uhh, why? are you trying to say he isn't?

he's one of the biggest entrepreneurs of the 'rap game.' the jay-z/nas rivalry is probably the biggest and most well know beef in hip-hop history, and nas "won." how could you say he isn't?

to quote nas himself, "name a rapper that I ain't influenced."
-Eminem
Old 10-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
kows

Jay-Z has a new track out entitled "Kingdom Come" (from his album of the same title). It's a lot better than the first single off of his new CD.

you can download it here (I suggest right clicking -> save target as).
-Eminem
Old 10-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Hybrid-9TN

Send a message via AIM to Hybrid-9TN Send a message via MSN to Hybrid-9TN Send a message via Yahoo to Hybrid-9TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kows View Post
uhh, why? are you trying to say he isn't?

he's one of the biggest entrepreneurs of the 'rap game.' the jay-z/nas rivalry is probably the biggest and most well know beef in hip-hop history, and nas "won." how could you say he isn't?

I would argue that the biggest and most well known beef in hip hop history is 2Pac and B.I.G. since both of those fools ended up shot and dead...if you can think of a bigger and more well known beef (seeing as how they even made movies about it), I'd like to hear your evidence.

that said, I was never much into NAS. NAS had better beats, IMO, but Jay-Z's raps were always better. Again, JMO. I'm interested in hearing the new stuff when it comes out

Movie Reviews at clkbj.com
Hybrid-9TN is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook