TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Artsy Fartsy Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
QuarterPounD

Send a message via MSN to QuarterPounD
Re: Jay-Z's new single

much better than the first one kows... but even still its like jay-z is trying to bring back old school sounding rap. i dont think he will be sucessful with that
QuarterPounD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
kows

Send a message via ICQ to kows Send a message via AIM to kows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid-9TN View Post
I would argue that the biggest and most well known beef in hip hop history is 2Pac and B.I.G. since both of those fools ended up shot and dead...if you can think of a bigger and more well known beef (seeing as how they even made movies about it), I'd like to hear your evidence.
I should have been more clear: I meant with rappers that are still alive.

also, it's not like Biggie and Tupac killed each other, so the beef they had together was not the cause of their deaths.. at least, in my opinion. it could always be argued otherwise, I just think that whoever murdered them did it for reasons other than they were supporting their favourite rapper.. but they're both unsolved, so you never know!

But yes, I would have to dub that the biggest beef in -all- of hip-hop's history. Quoting the late BIG, "it made a whole east coast hate a whole west coast."

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterPounD View Post
much better than the first one kows... but even still its like jay-z is trying to bring back old school sounding rap. i dont think he will be sucessful with that
I'm not sure if he'll be successful or not, either.. but I really don't even care. He has plenty of money, I doubt he's making a new album to make more.. he's the CEO of a huge company, owns a clothing company as well, and manages plenty of artists, including Nas.

I'm sure the real Jay-Z fans will just be glad he's back, even if it's just for one more CD or for until he gets tired of rap again. I'm glad he's back, losing someone as big as him in the current "rap game" (even though he didn't die) was a little like losing Tupac or BIG, although probably not as big of an event because they were shot down, but more because he's been really influential in the past and the development of rap and hip-hop. It's like when Eminem was retiring, he only really produces anymore, one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to D12's new CD and his own new CD later this year.
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem

Last edited by kows; 10-11-2006 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kows is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
QuarterPounD

Send a message via MSN to QuarterPounD

Quote:
I'm sure the real Jay-Z fans will just be glad he's back, even if it's just for one more CD or for until he gets tired of rap again. I'm glad he's back, losing someone as big as him in the current "rap game" (even though he didn't die) was a little like losing Tupac or BIG, although probably not as big of an event because they were shot down, but more because he's been really influential in the past and the development of rap and hip-hop. It's like when Eminem was retiring, he only really produces anymore, one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to D12's new CD and his own new CD later this year.

this is tru. it actually is nice to see that jay-z is comming out with a new album. i own everyone he came out with prior to this one and im sure i will end up getting this one to. and to comment on the whole eminem thing. the guy is a genius i love his rap/beats. this new d12 cd is gunna be amazing just sad to hear that it will be there last as a group. R.I.P proof
QuarterPounD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #14
sENLOCke

Send a message via AIM to sENLOCke

I was just commenting on your best ever comment, imo neither of these are close to the best. If I had to pick one to listen too, I would choose JayZ . Nas is junk. imo D-Nice wouldve ownd him and he was a MC. Im west coast though, totally different sound.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:14 AM   #15
kows

There's plenty of rappers that I would say deserve the title of "one of the best ever," though. I wasn't trying to say Nas is the best rapper ever. Tupac was probably the most influential rapper in ALL of history, whether you want to agree or not, his album sales (the most in hip-hop, followed by Eminem in second) speak for themselves on how he changed the way rap should be. They have classes in college about his life and his lyrics and poetry. He would have done a lot of stuff if he hadn't died. Funny thing is, is that when he died he had, I believe, upwards of 1000 unreleased tracks or something like that(although some may not even be fit for release), so his mother/Death Row keeps putting out unreleased stuff. Rakim was even before Tupac's prime, and he introduced complex lyrics into an otherwise simple way of rhyming. There's plenty of rappers that I would have to say are "one of the best" to me.. none of them are "the best" alone, though.

Anyway, I wasn't saying Nas was -the best ever-, but I think he's a great rapper and I enjoy listening to him. My favourite rapper to listen to is Eminem, because of the way he rhymes and puts his lyrics together. He's a lyrical genius, to say the least.. he puts other rappers to shame, even when he stars on their singles as a guest appearance, he usually kills them (reminds me of the song we ain't by the game, after Eminem's verse, he says something like "Eminem just killed me on my own shit").

Never heard of D-Nice, I did a Google on him and apparently he's a photographer now, or something. If you can recommend some albums or songs of his I will try to get a hold of them and check him out.
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem

Last edited by kows; 10-12-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #16
sENLOCke

Send a message via AIM to sENLOCke

D-Nice - crumbs on the table.mp3, all i can remember from the 80s lol. I 100% agree with you though that Rakim was the man, along with Tupac, Chuck D, Ice Cube, and I also liked Special Ed. Ed had some groovy beats and had basically zero cussing in all his career.

also an irrelvant sidenote: I remember who started the bling in the grill before lil jon and Nelly. His name was Just-Ice, he was east coast and was really the first rapper that I noticed had a full blown gold an diamond grill when everyone was sporting mr. T bling still.

Last edited by sENLOCke; 10-12-2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sENLOCke is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 10-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
kows

I found the album "Call Me D-Nice" (which has that song you mentioned on it) and "To the Rescue," I'll grab them later tonight.
-Eminem
Old 08-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #18
SaReva

Jay Zs new single

Did anyone hear the new Magnus single on StuBru today? They played it after the popnews. Does any of you know how the song is called?
SaReva is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #19
PaintballerZell

Send a message via AIM to PaintballerZell Send a message via MSN to PaintballerZell

Nope, sure haven't Mr. bring up a 3 year dead thread man.
I hope you're not a bot.

PaintballerZell is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook