TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > College/General Education
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2003, 07:49 PM   #11
Yeesakmenut

college park is worthless . .
Yeesakmenut is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-01-2003, 03:29 PM   #12
Conqueror

Send a message via AIM to Conqueror
Thanks for all the replies guys, sorry for my delayed response, was on vacation and then forgot to check here.
This is where I am now:

University intro course (Tow I don't know if they had it when you were @ CP, but it's a bs intro to the college course that meets once a week).
Mircoeconomics
Same Math (College Alg)
The Ancient World (HIST)
Intro to Business
Intro to using Computer Resources

Total: 16 credits

I've heard Astronomy is a bitch and I've heard it's as good as it gets too though, so I'm going to see how my friend likes it this semester and then make a decision as far as 2nd semester goes. Octo, thank you for the site, I'm now looking at that (registered) in addition to www.terpunderground.com . I'm thinking this is a light enough schedule to still enjoy myself so to speak (Friday my schedule = 12-12:50). I'm afraid Geology doesn't count at UMD as fulfilling the CORE course requirements Woopa, I'll double check though : (. Goett, thank you for advice, but my advisor was hired 4 or 5 days before my orientation so she still doesn't have a really strong grasp on things.
Do any of you guys have any english/math sites that are helpful (writing papers, general math stuff, etc)? Thanks again for your help!
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-02-2003, 06:09 AM   #13
SoD Undertow

Send a message via AIM to SoD Undertow
When I was at College Park I subscribed to TerpNotes for all my boring lecture classes. You never have to goto class, just go pick up your notes once a week. They take better notes than you could possibly take anyway.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:28 PM   #14
J PaC

Quote:
Originally posted by GOETTERDAEMMERUNG@Jun 21 2003, 08:13 AM

first tip of advice: ignore everyones advice. you have a college advisor. talk to him

second tip of advice: if math isnt your thing, dont take more than one sci and/or math a semester. spread them out. youve got time.

third tip of advice: if you only need 3 total, why are you looking at orgo? orgo is a second year chemistry elective. it is actually the easiest course ive ever taken (warning: chem major). there is ZERO math. the whole course is just a test of memorizational skills. thats why pre-meds are forced to take it.

stick to the intro math/sci courses, specifically for "non-majors." **every** college has them. my alma mater offered such rigorous courses as "physics for poets," and "the world of chemistry." even the engineering college had a course called "dinosaurs."

last tip of advice: ignore all my tips except the first one.

-GOETT
very nicely and beautifully SAID. Conq MAKE SURE u speak to YOUR advisors and know the minimum credits u need to be taking in order to be ELIGIBLE for whatever ur going for. One thing I fucked up in my first year was that I was planning to apply to HONORS computer science, so I had all the right courses. I needed 30 credits in my first year and a certain GPA to be eligible for the honors program. BUT what I DIDN'T know was that all those 30 credits were to be taken in Fall/Winter semesters, and Spring/Summer DID NOT count. I was very pissed, cuz I didn't know that, but I also didn't ask my advisor. That's why I'm in Honors Math right now, with a minor in Computer Science. SO MAKE SURE, U CHECK FOR EVERYTHING THAT U NEED, cuz sometimes, one small technicality can screw up ur plans. Now AIGHT???
Old 07-22-2003, 09:05 PM   #15
SoL_Strife

i took 12 credit hours my first semester in school and i partied way to much and failed one class.... alot of people i know did the same thing, so just dont push yourself to hard, enjoy the college life
SoL_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #16
J PaC

LOL partied hard and failed a course, so u trying to tell him that it's ok to fail a course?
Old 07-24-2003, 07:03 PM   #17
SoL_Strife

ummm, no.. im saying DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF TO HARD ( I did by taking 12 hours my first semester) and ENJOY THE COLLEGE LIFE... (Self explinatory)
Old 07-26-2003, 03:47 PM   #18
RaZe

12 credits a term is minimum for most colleges... 12 credits comes to just 4 classes a term, 16 is standard, and for people going for dual MS/BS they usually take 20 a term

12 credit hours isn't exactly pushing yourself
RaZe is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 07-27-2003, 06:08 PM   #19
SoL_Strife

no its not but i put in 31 hours a week at work so it kind of has a hinder on study time sir