TUSClan.com Message Board  
Go Back   TUSClan.com Message Board > Off the Wall Topics > Artsy Fartsy Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
SworD

You can not vote!
You can not vote!

English Rappah...

Last edited by SworD; 09-25-2006 at 08:00 PM.
SworD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
kows

Send a message via ICQ to kows Send a message via AIM to kows
Re: English Rappah...

oh, really!

REAL RAP IS ABOUT GUNS AND MONEY AND BITCHES AND HOES, THIS GUY IS A SELLOUT

anywho, I listened to "It's Yours," and overall it sounds alright, but man, the English accent kinda ruins it for me, honestly. He has some good rhyme schemes and lyrics though, also a nice flow. After listening to it for a while, I got more used to the accent but it's still a bit weird.

ps: make another lock and load rogue spear song
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem
kows is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Clap Your Hands Say Nutop

crap.

The Streets.
Clap Your Hands Say Nutop is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
SworD

Thanks for listening, Kows - I knew it was futile to post up any WIP's here but glad to see at least one person checked it out.

I hear you about the accent but that's actually what I like about it.The only rap I've heard is wannabe thugery and it's....bleh...regurgitated shite Different strokes I guess..I especially like how his accent comes thru in "Gype". That "Jus not 'avin that" line is apparently something that's a common saying in the North of England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kows View Post
ps: make another lock and load rogue spear song
Oh,..ha..I doubt that'll happen, especially a thematic tune based on The Game Of The Day, b/c,....well,.....there AREN'T any games of the day!

I did have another one going at one point that would have been a lot better when we started Source, but it petered out when Source did. It was much heavier and Darker.Not RATM'ish like LnL..WAY heavier...

Last edited by SworD; 09-21-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
QuarterPounD

Send a message via MSN to QuarterPounD

hey dont forget the other clown that checked it out... u know nutflop. he said crap and we all know hes from the streets just like he said... damn gangstas
QuarterPounD is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
Clap Your Hands Say Nutop

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterPounD View Post
hey dont forget the other clown that checked it out... u know nutflop. he said crap and we all know hes from the streets just like he said... damn gangstas
which is why i suggested the streets. another english rapper. stupid backwoods retards think they run this joint.
Clap Your Hands Say Nutop is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
kows

Send a message via ICQ to kows Send a message via AIM to kows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SworD View Post
I hear you about the accent but that's actually what I like about it.The only rap I've heard is wannabe thugery and it's....bleh...regurgitated shite Different strokes I guess..I especially like how his accent comes thru in "Gype". That "Jus not 'avin that" line is apparently something that's a common saying in the North of England.
I like a lot of rap, although the rap I like to listen to isn't really the stuff about money, bitches and killing people. My favourite artist is Eminem, and although he sometimes raps about guns/etc, the majority of his stuff is well thought out and contains many intelligent lyrics. I enjoy it. I hate 50 cent.

Anyway, the only other English-type-sounding band I've heard was Bloc Party, and I really like how they sound. They have a different accent than them, but it still sounds good. The accent for the rap is a bit different, some of it sounds really good but a lot of it sounds really strange to me as well.
"I love being hated, it's great, it lets me know that I made it, I wouldn't have it no other way, I wouldn't trade it for the world, only lets me know that I'm loved by so many other mother fuckers that ain't you"
-Eminem
kows is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook Share on Facebook
Old 09-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
SworD

There's apparrently more of a push to create more 'positive' rap. Eminem is one of this guys faves..I have to admit, that I like him too..He pushes boundaries, doesn't take himself too seriously and has a sense of humour...all gg's in my book